Saturday, December 5, 2009

SANTA PARADE !



The Santa Parade in Howick was busy this year! We decided to skip the main Auckland street parade this year and to our surprise thousands lined the streets of our little town! We even have a Town Crier who led the parade!



After getting Greg organised with his Coastguard float Jess and I went to find a spot to watch from and when I next saw her - there she was - Queen of the Coastguard Float! Wonders will never cease!



I did see one float that inspired me - The Red Hat Society - all oldies wearing the most amazing red hats and purple outfits - remember the poem 'when I'm old, I shall wear purple'? Looks like the Club for me!



I got quite excited by the kiwi and the pukekho on the floats - so I took photos!





I liked the way the kiwis see Xmas as a Birthday celebration - quite uncommercialized.



Miss Howick 2009 and 2008 joined together to do a drive by..



Howick is sometimes caled Chowick - there are a lot of Chinese who live here, so it has a nickname! But they know how to do a parade!



The Johnny Depp look-alikes had a turn...



The Historical Village had a float - to do with the fencibles..



Cinderella made an appearance, Disney has made it over here..



There was a lot of sunshine and merriment on the streets - we were sad that Sophia missed it! (she's at Field Centre)

No comments: