Friday, December 26, 2008

TWILIGHT !



The girls were adamant that they wanted the series of "vampire" books written by Stephanie Meyer, for Christmas. When I went to buy them, they were sold out!! PANIC!!
I eventually tracked them down, but it took several hours to gather all four together..
Then, as the perfect Boxing Day present, they went to see the film, which came out that day!! We got them seats in the Circle Cinema, complete with leather arm chairs, food, drinks and popcorn served during the film, little tables with lamps on and a very grownup waiting bar area..



For those of you without teenage girls, 'Twilight' is a young-adult vampire-romance novel written by author Stephenie Meyer.
It is the first book of the Twilight series, and introduces seventeen-year-old Isabella "Bella" Swan who finds her life in danger when she falls in love with a vampire. I know, I know... what's a mum to do? You have to move with the times.. They are still having a re-readfest of all four books.



I have been instructed to read them in order (I read the last one first) and so I start tomorrow - good job I have a month's holiday left!! Then I shall have to find a tolerant friend to go and see the film with. Highly popular amongst all my students, so it can't be all bad!

2 comments:

JonnyProle said...

Read the first three books whilst diving in Egypt in October...!

Pretty good, although the lack of resolution at the end of any of the books is irritating..!

Ideal for the sequels etc though I guess...

The girls will all go for the gothic look in lads now...!
Sigh

Julie said...

Em is up to date with the whole Twilight series (last one purchased on release date in Australia!)...and saw the movie the day the schools broke up for Christmas!
The book she was engrossed in on Christmas Day is the Tale of Beadle the Bard, the latest offering from JK Rowling...and is now wading through anything by Meg Cabot! :0)