Friday, August 8, 2008

THE OLYMPICS !


I find myself involved in a bizarre kiwi tradition at work, where everyone is allocated a country to support through the Olympics and undertake activities to accrue points during this time.
At the meeting today we chose a flag from the box and the first two points of the competition were allocated for the first identified flag.
I didn't get them.
Once you've worked out which country I have, let me know!
Over time points can be gained in these ways:
Medals:
Gold 10 points
Silver 8 points
Bronze 6 points

Since my country has never won any medals for any Olympic event, that's me stuffed!
However, I can also get points for the following:
Behaviour of athletes
Drug abuse 5 points
Gross mistake,
or injury 15 points
Insulting China 10 points
Failing the
gender test 40 points

You can see where this is going can't you!!
I can make a cake in the shape of my country 15 points
If I persuade other staff to eat it 10 points
If the name of my country is saidin a staff meeting 20 points
Wearing national dress for a day 30 points
Having a conversation with the Head about my country (with witnesses) 20 points

More tomorrow..

1 comment: