Wednesday, February 10, 2010

CAKE CREATIONS !



We've been SO busy this month that I haven't had time to blog!!
So, one of the things I did was go on the 2nd course of cake decorating (I'm building my way up to Wedding cakes!)
It sort of combines my love of baking with art..
Anyhow - here's the result and we have only just finished eating all the sugar flowers!!



The basket weaving effect with icing takes absolutely ages.. thankfully we spent a whole day making the different kinds of flowers for the decoration and only had to ice and place on the second.



I only managed photos this far - the next time I looked - it was half eaten, so I gave up and joined them! I came home with tubs of iced violets, pansies, roses and apple blossoms - so I shall make cakes for everyone's birthday.

No comments: