Tuesday, August 18, 2009

CUPCAKE !



It's my friend Miriam's Birthday - and you know what we're like as a family about this special Day! This year I decided to make her a cake.. but not an ordinary Cake, no... a Giant Cupcake...here it is!



It has a special tin and has to be assembled - so I'll take you through it.
This is what it looks like when it's baked & still warm from the oven..



This one was a banana cake with vanilla frosting..yum!
I made the vanilla icing, chose a suitable girly, pink colour and decorated to my heart's content.
This one was decorated with handmade sparkle flowers (all edible),sparkle sugar and confetti sprinkles!
Wish it was my birthday!



A few days later we had to have another go, it had been such fun - this time a Sophia version - with a glitter fountain and handmade sugar rosettes. A lot more colourful!



We couldn't wait for it to cool and it was still warm when we scoffed it!



Sophia is organizing a 'Cupcake Day for the SPCA ' (that's the equivalent of the RSPCA), so I'm sure there'll be another cupcake blog!

1 comment:

Miriam* said...

I could hardly bare to cut it, it was so impressive. When I did though, mmm...delicious!