Monday, January 5, 2009

SWEET SIXTEEN !


Jess is Sixteen!!

Hey it's Jess here!
Mum decided to let me on the 'blog' for my birthday so I can give a first-hand account =)
Well, the picture above is meee in front of mum's favourite toi-tois, in some summery clothes for my birthday at the beach.
Unfortunatley the rest of the family didn't get much of a lie-in as I was up just after 7am feeling fully awake...which sent everyone into a half-asleep panic to get my gorgeous breakfast of pastries and scones ready =P


Birthday Girl!



Lots of pressies!

As you can see I was pretty spoilt for presents, and my breakfast on the cute pink tea-stand was scrummy. Mum & dad got me some lovely clothes, an underwater camera (generous since my disaster in Fiji...), a birthday mug & plate as well as a HUGE beach ball (which I blew up later on).
Other presents included jewellery, hair accessories, clothes, a flying (screaming) monkey, books and money, so I think I did pretty well =)


Jess got Party Rings from England!

The beach I had chosen to have lunch at, before meeting my friends for a day in the sun, was Mission Bay. Lunch was mainly prepared by Sophia under a very particular menu from me, including free-range egg sandwiches, grapes, cheds (cheesy NZ biscuits)and some British confectionery such as jelly babies (another present from mum & dad) and party rings (from our friends The Wilkos)


Jessie blowing up her gigantic beach ball



Jess is having a ball!

After lunch, dad, Sophia and I tested out the gigantic beach ball (which I'd spent pretty much forever blowing up) and we got quite a few stares as we tried to get our arms around it. One man stopped with his little girl in a pram and held her up to watch our game!


Jess by the toi toi

Mid-afternoon I met up with some friends and got some more wonderful presents. We spent the rest of the day chatting and walking along the beach, eating ice-creams and trying to solve a rubix cube I got from Sophia.
At 6.30pm we got changed into some glittery evening wear and headed to an Italian restaurant on the beach called 'Mama Mia'. Anyone living in nz...go there...the cannelloni vegetriani is AMAZING.

Overall I had one very, very happy birthday, and the cake (which we ate at the beach after dinner) was amazing. Actually I think I need to force mum to put a picture up, because she made it beautifully.
Chocolate gateau with rasberry conserve, covered in chocolate ganache and decorated with both white & dark chocolate leaves. It tasted soooo good =P and Sophia and I were responsible for the leaves...and a depletion in our neighbour's rose bushes leaves...!!






I had a great day, and thank you to everyone for my presents =) 16 at last!

No comments: